Summer Games 2018 Patch Notes
The Summer Games have arrived in Overwatch. The latest event is now available for players across all platforms, bringing with it a smörgåsbord of new loot. Patch 1.27 is also live, along with the support balance changes.
With every new event comes new cosmetic items, and this event is no different. There are a total of six new legendary skins and three new epic skins, as seen earlier in the week after a series of leaks. If you missed them, the skins are;
- Fastball Zenyatta
- Lacrosse Roadhog
- Gridironhardt Reinhardt
- Cabana Ana
- Catcher Winston
- Waveracer D.Va
- Eireannach Moira (Epic)
- Mexicana Sombra (Epic)
- Tre Konor Brigitte (Epic)
There’s also a series of new voice lines and victory poses to add to your collection, as well as all cosmetics from the previous summer games events for a discounted price. Both Moira and Orisa now have new highlight intros and Mei even has a new emote!
Return Competitive Mode
Competative Lúcioball has returned for this years Summer Games. Copa Lúcioball is now in it’s Season Two, and has a new map in rotation.
Hero Updates – Healing Balancing
- Ana’s Nano Boost ultimate has been buffed and will now heal the target for 300 health. The range has also increased to 40 meters.
- Brigitte’s Shield Bash has been nerfed, with the cooldown being increased from 6 to 7 seconds
- Moira has had a Biotic Grasp has been buffed with an increased energy regeneration rate from 2 per second to 2.4 per second
- Lúcio has received two buffs this update, with cross-fade has been expanded to 12 meters from 10 and his ultimate now providing 750 shields instead of 500.
- Mercy’s primary healing has been nerfed to 50 healing per second from 60.
Hero Updates – Other
As well as the healer balance there’s a number of buffs and nerfs to other heroes. There are also some quality of life changes to make play more enjoyable with certain heroes.
- Zarya’s Graviton Surge now has a width of 6 meters instead of 8, and her energy drain rate has been decreased to 1.6 energy percent per second instead of 2.
- Symmetra’s Photon Projector now has increased range increased from 10 to 12 meters.
- Hanzo’s Lunge now has an increased cooldown time, changing from 4 to 5 seconds.
- Widowmaker’s Grappling Hook also has an increased cooldown time and is now at 10 seconds instead of 8.
- Doomfist’s Rocket Punch no longer impacts Symmetra’s teleporter, but can destroy sentry turrets without effecting his movement
- Sombra’s critial hitbox has been reduced to more accurately represent her character model.
- Reinhardt’s Barrier Field no longer has the insignia protruding from it’s surface, plugging an effective hole in his shield.
Certain heroes will now have an automatic reload after using their ultimate ability as their ults are quite long. Junkrat, Pharah, Roadhog, Zenyatta, Genji, and Winston will no longer have to reload after popping that ult.
- Changed the name of Junkrat’s Buccaneer skin to Bilgerat
- Added under attack voice lines for Zenyatta, Lúcio, and Moria
- All Overwatch League skins now include the name of the team’s city or state
- Looking for Group Settings will be saved after changing filters on the Looking for Group browse screen
- Added a What’s New option that displays new unlockable content to the Hero Gallery
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.