PTR Patch Notes 1.26 – Hero 28 and Sombra Rework
A new Overwatch patch is currently in development and now available for testing on PTR servers. The new patch brings a new hero into the mix with the addition of ‘Wrecking Ball’, a new tank mech. Sombra has received a small rework to her kit to reach her full potential and there are also some general balance changes included in 1.26.
As the patch is only on the PTR server, it’s unavailable for console users.
Hero 28, known as Wrecking Ball (or Hammond, or Specimen 8) has now arrived and is available for testing. He is a tank class with a high mobility, able to deal large amounts of damage. His abilities include:
- Primary Fire QUAD CANNONS: Automatic assault weapons.
- Ability ROLL: Transform into a ball and increase maximum movement speed.
- Ability GRAPPLING CLAW: Launch a grappling claw to rapidly swing around the area. Enables high speed collisions to damage and knockback enemies.
- Ability PILEDRIVER: Slam into the ground below to damage and launch enemies upward.
- Ability ADAPTIVE SHIELD: Create temporary personal shields. Amount increases with more enemies nearby.
- Ultimate MINEFIELD: Deploy a massive field of proximity mines.
The small hamster and his mech have been designed by the developers to cause disruption within the enemy team with his high mobility and damage potential at close range.
Hero Updates – Damage Falloff
Blizzard developers have made some changes to the way in which damage falloff is applied to certain heroes, adjusting the distance that their minimum amount of damage would be applied when firing their weapons. According to the patch notes, adjustments were added to fine tune weapons designed for close range combat by weakening them at mid range.
- Bastion, Mcree and Soldier: 76 have all had their primary fire minimum damage range increased from 30% to 50%
- Mei’s secondary fire has had damage falloff removed
- Widowmaker’s secondary fire (assault) now has damage falloff applied at 50% reduction at max range
Hero Updates – Sombra Rework
Sombra has received some small adjustments to her kit this PTR in order to make her a more effective infiltrator and scout. The changes make use of an already unique set of skills and build of them to further define her play-style.
Sombra’s Translocator can now be destroyed by the enemy team if spotted, but if it is not will no longer time out. This gives Sombra the potential to always have an escape route set up.
Her Stealth ability, much like the translocator, can now remain active indefinitely. To compensate for this, her detection radius has doubled to 4 meters, she can no longer contest objectives while invisible and her speed buff has been reduced from 75% to 50%.
Hero Updates – Nerfs
Hanzo has once again been nerfed since his rework, with an adjustment being made to his Storm Arrow ability. The cooldown has been increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds, and the time that he has to fire his arrows has been reduced to 5 seconds from 6. Developers hope that these adjustments should make Hanzo a little more manageable for the enemy team.
In a surprise move from the developers, the time available to capture objectives has been reduced from 5 minutes down to 4. The change has been introduced to Arcade and Quickplay modes as it is already present in competitive modes. The developers hope that this adjustment should reduce the frustrating feeling of Point A being captured too quickly only to leave defenders keeping Point B for up to 9 minutes. Community Manager Tom Powers stated that it should “remove the occasional game where it feels like you are playing against the timer and not the other team”.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.